Friday, July 7, 2017

Manly or Not?

Me and my quilting angels have been working on this quilt for a little while. I finally finished it up. I'm hoping it will work for a man quilt. I've had a request for a man battling prostate cancer. What are your thoughts?
 I quilted it with simple organic lines alternating the direction with each square. The angels used this method to turn a layer cake into these great 16 patches. If the consensus is that it will work for a man it will quickly go to it's new home. If not I've got to get busy and make a masculine quilt.
I have one started from leftover from this quilt. Hope to share that progress soon. Linking up with Sarah and Amanda Jean to celebrate this fine finish. 

27 comments:

  1. Very manly! I think it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so...you hit the mark! Great quilt for a guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My quilting angels and I think it's a very manly quilt, and will be much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Manly! And it looks very comforting too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep it will work for a manly wuilt. He will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely think so (just watch men golfers with their shirt colors..;}}} )I think he will just love it, too...Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep! It will definitely be great for a man. It will mean a lot to him and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely manly. You can't go wrong with plaid!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just fine and dandy! Elaine Adair

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely manly! Great quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It definitely looks like something a man would enjoy. You did a fantastic job putting it all together. --Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nailed it! It's a great quilt for a man.

    ReplyDelete
  13. One of the best looking manly quilts I have seen. I am thinking about making one for our camper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband agrees it is masculine! Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Honestly, from what I know of folks battling cancer, ANY quilt is much appreciated (particularly those with wool batting as radiation treatments and weight loss make the patients feel so very cold).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think the dark color sashing makes this very appropriate for a man. It is a beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a masculine looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete