Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Design Wall~ Inspiration

I'm working on many projects right now as you can see from my design wall. I've added to my scrappy flowers. I don't know what this project will become, but it is a fun hand project to work on. The houses are from the Stitchin' Bee I'm in. It was my turn to be queen bee. Didn't ladies do a beautiful job. I wanted to have a virtual neighborhood with my bee sisters. So I asked them to make houses that spoke of them. I love what I've received so far. I'm also working on a couple of new designs. I'm looking forward to sharing them soon. Now for what inspired me at Quilt Fest. I thought these snails were darling. I can't believe I'm saying that. I hate the slimy things in my garden. I loved the ric rac vine for these cute flowers.
And these lollipop trees just made me smile. I might have to find a way to incorporate them into a happy garden quilt.
I was so thrilled when I saw this quilt. N is two merit badges and a project away from his eagle. So it's time to start another eagle quilt. I'll be pulling some ideas from this great quilt. Thank goodness the designer is my friend, so I can pick her brain and get some help.
What inspiration have you found lately?

10 comments:

  1. Great projects! I love the idea of the houses. So cute!

    Those snails are adorable. I have been fighting with the snails this week as they are out in force with the rain we are having. YUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't care for snails either but those on the quilt are cute as can be. I have a friend who collects snail items. She would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those houses! The wonderful colour of fall is what is motivating me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your house blocks Emily - that is going to be an amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Em, enjoyed your post...Inspiration came from travelling from home....some new quilt designs in the making...Warm Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those snails! They are super adorable :-)

    ~ Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great quilts. I love the house blocks. they will look great with some of those Lollipop trees

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house blocks are wonderful - just yell "hey, I'm happy!"

    The Eagle quilt is really very nice.

    My inspiration? - would have to be all the wonderful blogs I have been reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the cutest table runner today - they called it The Ten Minute Table Runner. Anything I can do in 10 minutes inspires me. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful goodies on your display wall Em!
    Thanks for sharing those Quest Fest photos! Great snails and fun trees yes!!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete