Monday, April 26, 2010

A Little Further Down the Road

I watched How to Make an American Quilt this weekend. I was disappointed. Making a quilt is such a wonderful thing. A process that unites bits and pieces to create something lasting and beautiful. And while the quilt they created was beautiful the movie should have been called How to make a Dysfunctional Family. Sorry if you liked it.
I've been working on the process of my own quilts this weekend. Not that that is anything new. I'm always working on a quilt. But I moved these beauties a little further down the road.

I pieced a back for my maverick star.
I thought these little men in spaceships (Cogsmo by Cosmo Cricket) was perfect. Thank you Julie for the wonderful fabric. So good to have a sister that designs fabric.
I basted it with safety pins and started quilting. Just a simple stipple all over. I'm hoping to finish the quilting today.
Then I'll baste my string quilt that I pieced this back for. I'm hoping for a lot of finishes this week.
I've got so many quilts hanging on hangers just waiting to be quilted and bound. It's definitely time to put in the effort to get a few finishes. I know it will be so worth it.

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

  1. I seem to remember thinking the same thing about that movie. Hope you get lots done this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little men in spaceships. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh yes finishing gives me a thrill! So does starting something new! <>

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you Em about the movie..
    Nice to get quilts finishes..and yours are so close to finish..it will be worth it!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. The thing that bothered me about the movie was when she wore to quilt outside and dragged it along the ground. You are so close to finishing a lot of quilts! Way to go! I love the maverick star!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love those little men in spaceships! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Em, that movie was a bummer I thought. Agreed!

    Finishes to come- yeah. I love seeing your fabrics that you'll be using for backs. Creative and fun as always. That's just YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is great fabric. You 2 girls are both winners. I hate movies like that. Kind of like a bad lifetime movie. Ick. I tend to go for the oldies, they disappoint less.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know, the title doesn't fit this movie at all.
    Wish I could just get to the point of my quilt hanging on hangers without starting something else.
    Love the fabric for the back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's almost like you are a one-woman factory!! Love seeing them all! I never saw the movie and I'm glad I didn't. I'd rather see a bunch of aliens or monsters than dysfunctional families.

    ReplyDelete