Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pleasant Surprises

Life is full of pleasant surprises. Unexpected bits of happiness. I have had a few of these in the last couple of days. To be honest I probably have one of these everyday but today I am sharing. Yesterday I noticed my little yellow crocuses starting to pop up their little heads. DD, hubby and I found three in the front garden. Today I woke up to snow but by the time I got home it had all melted and now there are at least 10 little crocuses blooming in my front garden. Very pleasant springy surprise. At lunch yesterday I was just sitting down by myself when who should pop through the door but my two oldest sons, A and J. We had a lovely lunch together. Pleasant 'son'shiny surprise. Today I went to the doctor my counts are inching there way up. Pleasant blood rushing surprise. After I went to visit Grandma. She had made me lunch. Pleasant 'soup'er salad surprise. And for desert my favorite ice cream. Pleasant 'ice cream' for joy surprise.



Hope you are having lots of pleasant surprises of your own.

Em

12 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had some very nice surprises and I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific day! I am especially glad that all went well at the doctor's office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ice Cream is not on the diet Missy Em!!! I need a FQ~~~~ LOL!

    I am so glad you had a sun shiney day...you needed it as bad as I did. Come see what made my sun shine for me...doesn't have anything to do with work, sorry to say....

    #1..love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a good day! (ice cream can make any day a good one!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Em, glad you blood count is on the way up.......sometimes it is the simple things to put a smile on one's face. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nice blog chock full of happiness. You know, sometimes we get so busy we miss all the blessings that pop up, drop in or show up to brighten our day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are beautiful and I am glad that you had a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joyous post expressing gratitude. It made me happy yesterday when I read it and again last night. I was a two time visitor *(this morning makes THREE)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, your counts are on the rise! That's wonderful! And glad you are having so many nice surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you had a wonderful day and your counts are on the rise!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely pleasant surprizes you've had there Em! 8-)
    We got big fluffy snowflakes here yesterday...and rain... Spring flowers can't come too soon up here! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so wonderful Em. All days should be like that. :-) I am so pleased you are getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete