Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I am sooo blessed!!!! Usually when my blood count drops so does my mood. But between my pieceful sewing and other things that have come up I haven't had time to sit on the pity pot and worry about woe is me. The other morning I had the opportunity to spend time with some wonderful ladies making skirts for Bridge of Love. They help orphans in Romania. Here is where they are cutting out skirts.
Here is the station where they finished the raw edges so the skirts will not fray. These skirts need to be sturdy to last the hard washings they will get. Here is where they are sewing sides, casings, and hems.
I put in elastic and sewed some trim on a couple of skirts. I took pics of the tables with lots of fabric and trims and the tables with the finished skirts but for some reason my camera doesn't always save the pics I take. I don't know why. Does anyone else have this problem? It was a fun way to spend my morning and a great way to keep my mind off me. Hope you all have a great day!

11 comments:

  1. I would have really enjoyed being there to help with that project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun way to spend the day and soooo worthwhile too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. my camera looses my pic if I turn it off and pull the memory card too fast to transfer things -- it likes time to actually process what its doing. (The nerve!) :-)

    glad you've found that the sewing therapy is helpful. Hopefully it'll continue to moderate your mood

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a really worthwhile project. I know an animal welfare charity in Galazi Romania http://www.rolda.org/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift of time and talent... Good for all of you! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great cause! Sounds so inspiring and worthwhile. Glad you had some fun and your not feeling down!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now Em, this is where the real healing is at! I completely luv you for all the cool, loving things you do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a lovely day!! As for the camera, I don't have much room to talk -- I usually cut of heads or parts of the picture...I blame it on the camera

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great therapy. You are really a special person, to be able to turn your focus outward. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice day you had, Em! It was fun to read about it - thanks for including us.
    And thanks for the encouragement to "let it go"... I was feeling guilty about not finishing the "Lucky Stars" block for the Block Party, but it just isn't coming out right (I thought third time would be the charm, but no dice).
    Good work with the weight-loss; your stash will be gone in no time - what a good idea that was! Careful to keep your strength up, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sewing for a good cause. No wonder it made you feel good! We should all do something like this!
    As far as photography goes, I say, 'always blame it on the camera'!

    ReplyDelete