Tuesday, February 17, 2009

From Precision to Wonky

I think Donna is bond and determined to improve my piecing skills. This weeks Friday Block Party (see side bar for link) was a bugger. Mine is far from perfect but it is done and I got a lot of practice in piecing tiny little hst.After such precision I was in for something wonky. I have never made wonky stars before and wanted to help with the Australian Bushfire victims. So I joined Tia's Bushfire Quilt Project and started sewing. Here are a few of my stars. This one is my least favorite.
I like yellow and red.
This one is bright and happy.
Hope all is well with you and the world.
Whether you are feeling precise or a little wonky.
Have a great day!
Em









13 comments:

  1. Oh be still my 'wonky' heart!!!
    They are sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were they fun to make...??
    Hope so!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bright and happy one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lot of piecing in the block party square! I can see that it would be challenging, but you did a great job.

    I love the wonky stars. I have a friend who dyes fabric - a lot - and she did such a gorgeous quilt of wonky stars with all of her hand dyes.

    My fabric arrived in the mail and I am so pleased with it. I love the fact that it had hearts for Valentine's day. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. when I finally finish "my lucky star" for the friday block party it may fall into the wonky star category without any effort!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your piecing is just fantastic....great block for the bush fire appeal...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Block Party star is wonderful and I love the wonky star blocks you have made so far, too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the wonky ones! :) But, then, I'm kind of a wonky girl! Seriously, though - all your work is amazing. I have quilt envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Block Party star is excellent! But the wonky stars have stolen my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Stars..THANKS for the Donation...
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the wonky stars! And your block party block looks great. Have a great day!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Friday Block turned out great! Love the colors, and your wonky stars are great! 8-)
    Happy stitchings

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful wonky stars! I'm catching up on blog reading so won't pester yo with comments on everything as I go back to read earlier posts, but how could I not mention how great these stars are?

    ReplyDelete