Friday, January 16, 2009

It's Like Christmas

You know my sister Julie, the scrapbooker. My sister Becky, the photographer. Now I'd like to introduce you to my sister Lori, the cook. She just started her cooking blog. So go and welcome her to blog land. Then you will know all my lovely sisters. I also have a wonderful brother who somehow survived all this femininity. My boys think he is the greatest! I don't think they are to far off their mark. He is pretty neat. But your chances of meeting him in blog land are very slim. If on the other had you want to go jeeping, rifle shooting, camping or motorcycle riding. He'll be there for ya.

Yesterday was quilt guild day. YEAH!!! I left a little early so I could make some copies and pick up some fabric for a quilt I am working on. I got this fun green dot and hot pink ric rac. There is just a small piece of it here I started using the rest on my quilt. Silly me, I figured how may blocks I had down one side and how many I had along the top. But forgot that there are two sides and a bottom so I only go half of what I needed. Fortunately I'll be going that way again tomorrow and can get the other half. I also stopped at a thrift shop I really like to look for wool. A certain color tag is 50% of on Thursdays. Yesterday it was green tags so I found these sweaters. I'm going to try felting them. I've been wanting to try this for a while now. If I'm successful I'll do a little tute on it.



Had a wonderful time at guild meeting. I'll show pics of that Monday. But I just have to show you the lovely gift my friend, Sue gave me. Just as I was about to sneak out. I had to get back to pick up jr. high carpool. Which reminds me I just got a double bonus. My friend Heidi is back from Israel. It has gotten to scary over there so she and her children have returned. They are safe and here. First part of the great bonus. Second part she has joined our carpool and will be picking up on Thursdays so I won't have to leave quilt guild early anymore. Yippee! Yippee! Now back to Sue. She sees me leaving and tells me to wait she has something for me. I walk out with her to her car and look at what all she gave me. This pretty box.

And just guess what was in it. Come on now guess...

Okay I'll show you. Look at all this pretty fabric.

But that is not all. She had a bag with all this great southwest fabric.

And this bundle of fat 1/8th

Then there was another box full of these little pretties.

Don't you just love the softness of these pinks, greens, and browns.

Now how did I get so lucky? I'll never know. THANK YOU! THANK YOU, SUE!

13 comments:

  1. I went over to both your sister's blogs and loved them both. The "recipe queen" had a terrific recipe for Rolo cookies. Our cat is named Rolo after the candy, so of course I printed the recipe and will make the cookies. As for you, you certainly have a wonderful friend. You received yards and yards of fabric! Absolutely fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky lucky you! I'll check out your sister's blogs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have all the makings of a great quilting party - Sis Julie can do the invitations, Sis Becky can take the pictures of show and tell and Sis Lori can do the catering. That leaves YOU to sit and enjoy quilting with your friends. Oh yea, for a little diversion..your brother can just drop by and take everyone on a ride on his bike.

    Nice surprise you got from your friend. And I am so happy your friend Heidi made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely talented sisters you have!
    Nice surprise you got from your friend. And I am so happy your friend Heidi made it home safely.
    We have seen what's happening on the news..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Em - I could spend hours on your sisters' blogs - so lovely - I love the photography - one can feel the mood of the wedding coming through! You are a talented bundh!
    Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky gal you are. Those are fabulous fabrics and a great gift.

    Glad your friend is safely back and allowing you to stay for the full meetings.

    I'm off to check out your sister's blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning Em, glad your friend is home safe and well.Friends are the best, lovely fabrics you received.Hugs Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. You certainly are lucky! It's good to have friends like that! And sisters. And it's also good to have your friends home and safe! I'll go and check out your sister's blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the links to your sisters' blogs. I love all the pretties you received. The pictures are just great. So thankful your friend is home safely also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got a very talented family. And I love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a talented family you have Em...looks like you had a great guild day, and all those lovely fabrics what a kind friend.

    ReplyDelete