Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Zig Zag and Scrappy Strips

I put borders on the zig zag quilt. I really like how the black sets everything off. And I really like that I am that much closer to being ready for Christmas. I know N will love this quilt. I have some bright flannel he picked out a couple of months ago to go on the back. It should make a nice snugly quilt for watching movies.I'll get batting for it tonight. My neighbor and I buy a bolt of batting at a time. We store it at her house since it is just her and her hubby. My kids have adopted them as grandparents since all their grandparents live 5+ hours away. I'll wait for her to get home and get some for this quilt, the fan quilt and a Christmas quilt for my in laws. Boy was I insane when I decided to make all these quilts for Christmas. I don't know but if I wasn't I might be by the time Christmas gets here.
Next I pulled out all my scraps that were cut into strips. Here is a lovely pile of them.
I am sewing them together for the next Christmas quilt. I am enjoying this. I just love scrappy quilts. I'll show you tomorrow what I am doing with these strips.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you have a most wonderful day!


15 comments:

  1. The zig-zag quilt is awesome, love the black and the hst border too. Looking forward to seeing what you make next.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt- I love black with brights. I think you're brave doing lots of quilts for Christmas, but being up against it and bustling around is half the fun of the season. Good luck! I'm on a tree skirt at the mo. then after that it's going to get very busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy oh boy do I ever love that zigzag quilt and I enjoy the fact that you can just "whip it out!" You amaze me. Plus, you're making Xmas fun. I love watching your work. ;)

    Living vicariously thru others with Love, *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out so beautifully! I love the brights against the black and that border is awesome. Great job on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will be back tomorrow to check out your new scrappy quilt!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Quilt Em...Love the Black Borders...
    well you truly are on a Roll..
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  7. that colorful border is amazing! it's totally great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The zigzag quilt looks wonderful. Love teh black. i'll be watching to see what you do with the strips. i have lots and lots of them and am wondering what I'll do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the zigzags on the black. And your border is incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That zig-zag quilt came out great! I agree that the black was a perfect choice to set it off, and the HST's as the border makes the whole thing very lively.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The black is just perfect on that quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how your zig zag quilt turned out! I just love the bright colors against the black. Good luck finishing your Christmas quilts, I'll be watching for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your quilt certainly has zing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the border on the zig zag quilt. It really finishes it off nicely.

    Can't wait to see the strippy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The zig-zags were great but that border really makes it pop. Lucky guy who will find that under the tree. Now waiting for the strips.......

    Would not be Christmas without a last minute, why did I try this project! That is what it is all about because you are really giving of YOU.

    ReplyDelete