Friday, November 14, 2008

Abuntantly Blessed

Do you remember a while back I helped the young girls in my neighborhood make little sachet. If not you can go here to see our little adventure. Well on of those sweet girls had got some fabric from her grandma for Christmas last year. After making her sachet she decided she wanted to make a quilt for her little brother from the fabric her grandma gave her. She cut the fabric in rectangles, with her scissors. Then she told her mom of her great plans. Gently Amy, her mom, told her that the rectangles needed to be the same size or it would not work. Amy doesn't quilt she really doesn't do a lot of sewing so she called me. So yesterday this sweet little girl brought her rectangles to my house and I cut them for her so they would all be the same size. Here are the scraps we cut off. I told her how to lay them out on the floor to arrange them then to sew them into row and then so the rows together. I told her about my misadventures in sewing and told her she was doing great. Then I said I really wanted to see her little quilt when she was done. I can't wait her fabric was fun Christmas fabric. It will make a fun quilt for her baby brother.
I wanted to show you this fun little toothpick holder my DD made for thanksgiving. Isn't he a handsome fellow. Don't you love this wonderful time of year. When we gather with friends and family. Focus on what we have instead of what we don't. What a way to prepare for the next holiday where we celebrate the Giver of all these great gifts.
Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo...another young woman starting her quilting adventure! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly a cute litle guy - fun idea! Love your thoughts on focusing on what we have, etc and family - wish the whole world was like that!
    Hugs - Lurline!

    ReplyDelete
  3. probably just as well that you didn't undermine her mother and simply say -- whatever size -- lets make a liberated/wonky quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute turkey and it sounds like you both had fun with her first quilt.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, this post is abundant with love.=, light and the spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss celebrating Thanksgiving since moving to Australia. The turkey is cute and reminds me of all those things we used to make at school.

    A new quilter! What a blessing. I'm glad you're there to mentor her. I look forward to seeing her quilt made with love.
    Cheers! and Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little friend's sewing project is such an inspiration. It is so good to know that kids want to do sewing and needlework.
    Love the turkey toothpick holder. I collect art glass toothpick holders.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You obviously have been a wonderful inspiration for her! I can't wait to see her little quilt too. I hope you will take a picture of it and post. I love the little turkey your DD made... cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so lovely of you to encourage youngsters in their crafting. I hope that little girl will grow up into a quilting enthusiast. :-)

    cute turkey!

    ReplyDelete