Monday, October 27, 2008

Witches Brew

I bought this fabric on Saturday. It was 75% off. It was not quite the color I wanted. The swirls were white and it had to much of a pink cast for what I wanted to use it for. So I tossed it in this for a few hours. While I quilted Becky's quilt.
Now I have this which from the picture is not much different. But if you were to meet it in real life the swirls would be beige and the background reminds me of the red sand down in southern Utah, where my parents live.

I am going to use it with my fan blocks to make another block. Two of my friends suggested I add other blocks to the fans so I can have a decent sized quilt when I am done. The other block will remain a mystery to you for the time being. But stay tuned to see what's brewing in my sewing room.


10 comments:

  1. great solution to fabric that wasn't "quite right"! Looking forward to seeing what turns up in the cauldron :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never would have thought to do that...smarty pants! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing like a rest in a cauldron to tone down too much contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what liquid was in the cauldron?
    glad it turned out the way you wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Em, I wish I had your advice today,about fabric dyeing.I have just realized by reading your post the fabric I looked at today for my Dancing Dollies quilt I could have tea dyed.I left the fabric behind, as I thought it was too yellow for my reproduction fabrics.It was at a good price.Oh well thems the breaks. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so creative! I wouldn't have thought of doing that. I am looking forward to seeing some more of your fan blocks.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like it. It reminds me of little rain drops...darn it, now I have that song in my head...drip, drip, drop, little April showers...

    I am looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent the week-end looking for your brew that you used and I know you posted it before but couldn't find it. could you e-mail me your recipe for the tea:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a wonderful idea!! If you need more of that fabric, let me know I have a ton of it!!!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a bold move! But looks like it turned into just what you wanted. Clever way to fix a problem.

    ReplyDelete