Monday, October 13, 2008

What happened to fall?

Stina the snow you promised to send came this weekend. We woke up Sunday morning to it lightly falling outside our windows. There were joyous shouts from my children. And giggles as we watched dad and the neighbors shake it from the trees only to have it shower down on them. This was necessary to keep the branches from breaking under it's weight as the leaves have not fallen yet.
Josh informed me that it was great snowball snow, and threw his share of snowballs.
Neil was hoping for more. One because he thinks the weight of the snow will keep the wind from blowing the tarp off the half pipe. Two because if he can't skateboard he needs enough snow to snowboard. Alex asked when we are getting season passes to the local ski resort. I need to do that this week to get the discount price. If this weekend is any indication the boys will enjoy a long winter of sliding down the mountain on the greatest snow on earth.
So thanks for the snow Stina. Keep sending it our way. We will put it to good use.

13 comments:

  1. Hi there -

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a cheerful comment. It's nice to meet you!

    "The greatest snow on Earth," eh? Am I safe to assume you live in Utah?? LOL! That's where I lived for 40+ years of my life, and we certainly had great snow (although I don’t ski.)

    I've had fun this morning, scrolling through your past entries, enjoying your various projects. Those little 4-patch sachets are just darling!

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the second blogger today that I have seen snow on a post! Yikes!! Old man winter is rearing his head way too early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no!! Snow already?? After last year, I'm hoping we have one of our winters with next to no snow here. Hate the stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it was so weird to have some late blooming flowers covered with snow and lots of still green leaves! Now its a memory, but still cool out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want snow...I don't think we will see it her in California....I want snow...I want to go skiing and then come home and quilt:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow, already? Wow! It's still 80 here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Finally got around to checking your blog since we are in the same cottage group...your cottages look so cute.
    Dare I tell you that it was 76 degrees here at the beach today?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought we might get snow here in Colorado, but we just got icy roads. I am not ready to say goodbye to fall yet! I do like snow when I can stay at home and sew.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow! Snow already, I hope we don't get any too early.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got some snow in central, and northern Manitoba over the weekend. Around our place in the southern part all we had was a wet and rainy time...I even had to put cloves on when walking the fur-girls...thought about ear warmer too! 8-)
    It is nice when you can enjoy the snow for all the winter sports...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you must be way up north in the US, Em - snow so early - keep warm this winter!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd be more than happy to send you all the snow we get here in MB, Canada cos winter is just too long here, 5 months +

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh...;o) Was I that good...lol...no snow at my place... ;o)...

    ReplyDelete