Monday, October 20, 2008

My Mom and Dad

While you were reading about snowmen I was actually down in sunny St George, visiting my parents. I created the posts before I left, packed up the kids (who had a long weekend from school) and headed south. The weather was lovely, 80's every day. How very nice of my parents to retire to such a nice vacation spot. Grandpa took the boys shooting while the girls went to lunch and did some crafts. The next day we went to Sand Hallow. The kids played on the beach. Washed the canoe for grandpa. Two of my boys tried to be Jack Sparrow and walk under the canoe like in the Pirates of the Caribbean. They informed me there is not as much air under there as they show in the movie. They craned their necks to show me what they had to do to breath. Silly boys.
My mom has been wanting to do a blog for some time so I helped her to create on. Mom is a very talented lady. She sculpts, paints, sews, and carves. She has taught me and my brother and sisters to do many of these. She has taught us the importance of developing our talents, and is a great example of doing this. The walls of her studio are covered in portrait paintings of the Indians she served on a humanitarian mission for a year. Her carvings and sculptures decorate her home. Below is a doll she sculpted and made the clothes for a few years back. I would show you her amazing carving but the battery to my camera died before I got pictures taken and I had forgot the charger. Please go visit my mom at her blog, Santa Carver, and see some of her wonderful work. Give her a little encouragement. This blogging thing is making her nervous. She is afraid she won't be able to do it. Like me computers is not her strong point. I told her as I helped her if I could do so could she. I hope she has as much fun with it as I have.

10 comments:

  1. How neat - what a great spot to go visit and I love the doll!
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great time! Your mom's work is spectacular! I love it and marked her as a blog to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you had a great day! The doll is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun day! Thanks for pictures, too. Love the doll. Very neat. Stopped by "moms" Blog as well. Hope she enjoys it as much as we will continue to enjoy all her lovely talents. ;)

    *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are pretty smart little cookie...I am hopping over to your moms blog now to cheer her on:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out your mom's work! My goodness she has a talent with work! Awesome work!
    My kids have done the same as your boys with our canoe...Gotta try everything! 8-)
    Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your parents...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom's Santas are great. What a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love St George! Silly boys LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great vacation! lucky you and lucky kids. I bet there wasn't much air under the canoe! brave boys!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, looks like heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete