Thursday, October 30, 2008

Days Like That

My day started out great. I had a record day yesterday on this little blog of mine and when I saw how many hits I had had I was doing the happy dance. So thanks to all of you for starting my day out so beautifully. But from then on things did not goes as planned. Don't you hate when you have all these great plans of what you are going to accomplish in a day and then chaos breaks loose and you get nothing done. Well that is what happened today.
DD woke up saying she was sick could she not go to school until after lunch. That is when her Halloween party was. Not acceptable. Had to walk her all the way to school to get her there.
Barely had enough time to shower, throw a batch of wash in and then off to get N for a dr. appointment. Dr told N no skateboarding for 3-5 days to see if that helped his knee. That was like telling me not to quilt. Did not make for a happy camper. Then he had to wait at my dr. while I got a flu shot. Not fun for either of us. Drop off N at school then buy a suburban full of groceries to feed the troops for the week. Yes 3 teenage boys eat that much. Home to eat and get some work done before kids get home. J got home and I asked where A was forgot he was staying after to get math help. (Does anyone else do this?) Was running to drop something off to a friend around the block when I realized it was my turn to pick up jr. high carpool. (and this?) Ran back home gave stuff to J to run up for me while I ran to jr. high. Picked up kids dropped them off. Figured I had enough time to drop off script for N at pharmacy, books at library, and vote before picking up A from school. I think the whole state of Utah thought they would beat the rush and vote early. The line ran through the foyer of the library around the whole children's section and into the young adult section. A said he was making up a test and I could stay to vote. So I checked out a book the library was holding for me and read 3 chapters while I waited to vote. While waiting DD called and said she needed a few extra things for her Halloween costume for her party tonight. Yes this is the one that was too sick for school this morning. Told her we would figure things out when I got home. A was still taking test when I was done voting so I came home helped DD with costume. Just as I was finishing this up A called looking for a ride. Picked him up and swung by pharmacy to pick up script. They said when I dropped it off that it would be ready in 15 minutes. Well over an hour later and they still didn't have it. So waited 15 minutes while they got it. Home again to get DD ready for her party. Sit down to do my blog and J and N forget they are brothers and have an all out war. Seperate them into their rooms. Not an easy task when they are angry and both very much bigger than me. I feel like a broken record as I repeatedly say go to your room I'll come talk to you in a minute while standing inbetween them. Send DD to party and get dinner going. Then after a calming period work out issues with J and N. So there went my day. Not a stitch sewn. My pile of half square triangles waits for me but I am too tired to sew.

Well there's always tomorrow.










15 comments:

  1. some days nothing on the list gets done, but ever so much is accomplished... don't get discouraged. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate days like that! But then there's knowing that a really bad morning can turn into an incredible day. Hope you'll have time to sew on Friday or on the weekend. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you did it! Just reading it was exhausting!! Hope you have a much better day Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Days like that seem to come and go - I hope tomorrow is a little slower for you! I didn't get to sew at all today but my day was not nearly as tiring as that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember how happy you felt this morning - have a lovely sleep and wake up to a fresh day tomorrow!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awe.. look at those lonely little triangles.. they are so patiently waiting. They'll be there whenever you get to them. :-)
    I don't even have teenagers anymore.. but still have days like that it seems!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember days like that when all four kids were at home. Now it's so quiet here most of the time that I would welcome a couple of snarly teenagers. Lol. Well, not really, when I think about it. I get a lot of quilting time this way. I do miss having them all around though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your Halloween day goes by much more smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh girl I felt your pain reading that!(giggle, snicker, smile)
    Mom's have to be the very best things on the planet. Look what we live through in a day!!!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope today is much better and that you can cross some stuff off your list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day, grown-up version. Hope tomorrow is better! And I feel for your daughter -- I had to miss my second grade Halloween party because I was sick, and when my mother took in the cupcakes she had made, the teacher refused to give her a treat bag to take home because if I was too sick to go to school, I was too sick for a treat bag. I still feel the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Em, its just a test,you past,
    tomorrow is always better.
    Its good that your still young.
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woah! You deserve a big huge prize for that. I'll bet/hope you slept like a rock. I wonder if the book was "The Forgotten Man?"

    The Mistress of LeeHaven is looking forward to pics of the sewn triangles. We like to see proof that this day is behind us.

    Days Gone Bye Love, *karendianne.

    ReplyDelete
  14. (((((em))))), bless your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know just what you mean. There is always tomorrow though. Hopefully! And that is such a good thing to tell ourselves.

    ReplyDelete