Friday, September 12, 2008

Supporting Cast

I think being in this musical has affected my thinking. I saw all these lovely scraps from Happy Trails. They had auditioned for the front. (If you remember I did a lot of reverse sewing on this quilt changing the order of the trails, trying to get it just right.) But for some reason or another they didn't quite make a starring role. I still felt they needed to be in the quilt. They were just to beautiful not to have a part in it. So they will do there job a little less in the spotlight, but still be important to the quilt. Here is the back to Happy Trails. What a lovely supporting cast.

8 comments:

  1. This is going to be so pretty. I love pieced backs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do this too. Sometimes the backs of my quilts are another quilt in themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great way of keeping those "try outs" together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the back! Beautiful fabrics and a lovely quilt! I surfed through the other posts to see the front. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Work!! Well Done, Cathyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Em,

    You are on my sidebar now, so I will be keeping track of you.

    This backing? is so lovely - hope it gets to be seen a lot.

    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete