Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Puzzled

Sorry you have to look at my messy unfinished basement to see my makeshift design wall. Who knows maybe my embarassment may get me to get it done faster. Yesterday I started making the Dutchmen's puzzle blocks for the family reunion quilt. I am really liking how they are turning out. I need to descide on a stop border also. Anyone have any suggestions?
Here is a block by itself. When I am done here I have two hours of uniteruped sewing. I hope to get a lot done. Have a great day! And thanks so much for stopping by.

7 comments:

  1. This quilt is going to be so neat! I can't wait to see it finished.

    And don't feel bad about your unfinished basement. My whole sewing area is in unfinished basement and I just stapled bed sheets to the studs so it would look more like walls. We rent, so it isn't up to me to finish the basement unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flying dutchmen. I'm working on a pinwheel pattern right now too. Can't wait to see yours coming together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks great! I wonder about a piano key border of fabrics from thequilt (and others in a similar colour-tone)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your reunion quilt is so special. I really do like the way the dutchman's puzzle blocks look in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great quilt... how about a flying geese border - partial or full...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Em, your reunion quilt is coming together really well. Loove the Dutchman Puzzle blocks.Maybe you could use a highlight colour and frame the body of the quilt as well as the dutchmans puzzle border.In other words a 2 inch border eitherside of the Dutchmans Puzzle border and then bind the quilt in the same colour.Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very interested in your family reunion quilt. Loved seeing the close up.

    ReplyDelete