Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Peace, Love and Peaches

Yesterday was Neil's B-day so I got up early to make his b-day muffins. This is a tradition in our family. On your b-day you get a muffin with a candle in it for breakfast and the family sings Happy Birthday to you. Just a fun way to start your b-day. I have finished quilting Happy Trails. I had so many neighbors say that my quilt was made of hippie fabric that I just might really have to change the name to Hippie Trails especially since I quilted peace signs, hearts and flowers. The binding is sewn on one way and I have started the hand stitching. Soon I will have a finish for Finn's challenge. YEAH!!!!

My youngest sister came yesterday while the kids were at school and we canned peaches. Actually she did all the work and I got to hold her darling little baby girl. I was happy she could use my peaches and thrilled that I got to play with Mary. It was a delightful day.

9 comments:

  1. sounds like life is going well -- canned peaches, baby time, quilt near finish... the ideal vision of country life :-) ahhhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowza...life couldn't be any better than yesterday:) I love the hippy quilt.
    Polly

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name "Hippy Trails!" is peachy keen!

    Good title on this post, too!

    Clever Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm those peaches look pretty and yummie!so does the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name "Hippy Trails"! Perfect for that quilt, imo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink in that quilt!! Yummy looking peaches!! Cathyx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Quilt is looking Great Em & Love the look of those Peaches.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a wonderful quilt block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you quilted peace signs! I've never seen anyone do that before : )

    ReplyDelete