Thursday, September 4, 2008

More Puzzled

My two hours of uninteruped sewing were not. But I was able to get a few blocks done. My sweet sister called to tell me of her success with her photography. I am so happy for her. She was so worried. Her hubby just started law school and they keep him so busy that he is unable to work. They want to keep the debt to a minimum and she wanted something she could do and still stay at home with her sweet new baby. She has set up a kind of kiddie kandids in her apartment and is doing really well. Good for her.
After talking with her I got back to my sewing when my dear friend showed up at the door. She wants to make her daughter a Happy Trails quilt and wondered if I had got directions written up for her. Sadly I have not. I will work on that today. I need to get it done for her before she heads back to Isreal, where she lives with her family 9-10 months of the year. The other 2-3 I get her, and her wonderful family as my neighbors. She has got to stay a little longer this year because her youngest had surgery and is still recovering. The rest of her family left a few weeks ago her kids had to start school. We were so sad to see them leave as my children are friends with hers. Now they keep in touch on the computer. A good learning experience for them as they see what life is like in another part of the world.

4 comments:

  1. Oh.. Ok..I see how those pinwheeles are going to go on.. that is very cute! I hope you get a chance to work on it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I just wrote you hoping you had an afternoon filled with sewing!

    I was happy to read about "kiddie kandids" - what a great idea! Love the ingenuity.

    *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Em, you are making progress, it always happens when you have your mind set on some sewing. Happens to me all the time.So Wednesday night was bliss for me.I love your Dutchman puzzles. Regards Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking good. I love the look of the pinwheels.

    ReplyDelete