Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dying to Live

WEE!!! What fun I had at the fabric dying class. This is my first attempt. I may do some more to this one. This one is more of a brown and rust with just a hint of purple. Sorry for the poor picture it was night when I took it. I forgot my camera in my rush to get everyone to school or a friends house before school started. Such a bummer. And by the time I got home got dinner and helped with homework the sun had said 'Good night.'
This one I tried stamping shooting stars. I didn't like how it was turning out as I add the night sky so I just messed around with it.
This one I but in a ziplock bag with blue, green and purple dye.
This one reminds me of the landscape down by my mom. She lives in Southern Utah.
I'll take more pics tomorrow when it's light. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze it in. I'm going back up to Quilt Fest tomorrow. No classes but I am going to the lecture and luncheon and helping with the orphan blocks. I have to go early again or I don't get to go. It is my turn to drive jr. high carpool which my oldest son has thankfully volenteered to do for me. Shocking a 17 year old says yes to driving the car. (hee, hee) But that means I have to leave him the car. So my dear friend Marilyn is giving me a ride and she has a class in the morning. I am putting the camera with my sewing stuff tonight so I don't forget it tomorrow in the rush, rush.

20 comments:

  1. Awesome work! Looks great! Sounds like fun! Never tried dying fabrics myself...
    Have a good day tomorrow! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what fun! I think about dying fabrics from time to time but have never tried it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. whauw how great! I forgot about dying fabric... thanks for showing and bringing it back to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dying looks fab. What are you going to do with the fabric?
    I have some pictures on my blog of the small wall hanging I made with some similar fabric if you are interested.
    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing - fun to see how the dye takes to the fabric. The colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What fun! I have never done any fabric dying but sure would like to try it sometime. Lots of lovely quilt pictures!!!!!!!! I love that runner that the lady made with all the little red berries on it.

    Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I do like to decorate, it's very relaxing for me. I also watch a lot of HGTV trying to get ideas. Now if I could just get to my UFO's and get a few finished up! Sigh......

    ReplyDelete
  7. seeing your results inspires me to do more than plain immersion dyeing that i've done so far. They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Em you must be happy with your new fabrics they look Great...you have been very productive.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done a great job here! I love how these turned out. I can't see how you'd be disappointed by a single piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo... what fun you had and they turned out so beautifully. I want to take a class to learn printing on fabric... someday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. how fun...are you liking the dying process? Do you think you will do more?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the one you put in the ziplock bag - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Isn't it fun to play with fabric dying? The unknown to what it would look like. They look awesome. Well done

    Kez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow gorgeous!! That looks like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow...this looks like so much fun! such different results you got. what are you going to do with all these fabrics?

    ReplyDelete
  16. wonderful fabrics..... you did such a great job

    ReplyDelete