Friday, August 29, 2008

Thanks, Hiccups, and Triumphs


First of all I would like to thank Tara at http://justbergieboyz.blogspot.com/ for mentioning my blog. It was so nice of her, and meant a lot to me. Next look at these lovely flowers my neighbor gave me yesterday. I have the most wonderful neighbors.

Second, yesterday my day started with a hiccup that will have repercussions through out the school year. I live right on the border of where the school bus picks up kids. For the last two years the bus driver has let my children and many others ride. Yesterday he stopped. When my son went to catch the bus he would not let him on. The bus driver had a list of names and if your name was not on the list you were not riding. So 15-20 kids were not allowed to ride. If I lived one block further north my son could ride. Oh well. So after rushing him and his friend to school I spent the day trying to set up car pools. I got a hold of every one's parents except four. (Only 3 parents since there is a brother/sister combo in that four) We now have 3 different car pools with four kids in each. And now my quilting time is cut a little more cause I will need to pick up kids 2-3 times a week. I'll probably grab hand work to take so I have something to do while I wait for them to get to the car. Sorry for my complaining, could be worse. I could have to take and pick up son every day.

Now for the triumph. The borders are on my Happy Trails quilt. Sorry this is not a good picture. I forgot to have my hubby or sons hold it up before they left so I could take the photo. My DD's arms are not quite long enough to hold both corners. I had to have her stand on the couch and lift her arms up to get what we got. Thanks for all that helped with the border selection. I am thrilled with it. My friend and neighbor says I should name it Hippie Trails. She thinks it's a great hippie quilt. She wants to make one for her daughter. I'll buy a back for it this weekend at the LQS. They have a sale every fifth Saturday. I buy all my backs then. I am hoping to finish blanket stitching around the last three letters on the family reunion quilt today. Then I will have met my goal for this week. So I can meet my goal for Flinn's Challengehttp://finnleah.blogspot.com/ Onward and Upward. Have a great day!!!

7 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty quilt. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, a year ago I was training to be a school bus driver (never finished, long story lol) but one of the things they told me is that they can't refuse anyone in the morning. They can refuse them on the way home in the afternoon, but not in the morning. Interesting....you might want to check up on it!! Of course it's a different state, different rules, but you never know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks great..... sorry to hear of your bus driver woes..... sending good thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrible deal on the bus! I am amazed at what the districts do sometimes. I'm with Joanna, I'd try to fight this. Sewing time is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry about the bus...things like that can drive you crazy, but sounds like you worked out a good solution. congrats on the quilt. it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Em ...just love your happy trails quilt....looks like you have organized the bus situation...you just shake your head, why do people makes things so difficult, thank goodness for mums...

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the quilt. Keep up the great work...especially trying to complete 6 quilts. I will be here to cheer you on.
    Polly in Long Beach

    ReplyDelete