Friday, August 15, 2008

Love a Fair II

We went to the fair and had a grand time. When we first got there we split up. For some reason my hubby and sons do not like to spend as much time looking at quilts as I do. My sweet daughter decided to go with her dad and the boys took off on their own. I went to see the quilts. I took pictures to share with you. I promise I did, but this morning when I looked on my camera they were not there. I have no clue what happened to them, a gremlin or something. There was this picture which was one of my favorites. It was made by a teenage girl. I just love log cabin quilts. Didn't she do a great job! So once again I am sorry I have no more pictures of quilts to show you. Bummer!

This needle work was phenomenal. It truly deserved the ribbon it received. The hours this great lady put in to create this work of art. WOW!

I met up with my hubby and daughter at the hen house. They had been looking at all the different chickens. My daughter's favorites were a beautiful reddish brown rooster with a very colorful tail, and a hen that looked like it had earrings. Then we headed over to have a pony ride. Yee Haw!
Giddy up. After that we gave milking a cow a go. DD got the hang of it after a little instruction and a some practice.
Then we all met at the ice cream stand and had fudge cycles and ice cream sandwiches before heading off to the demolition derby. It was a bang up time. We loved it! But we know next year to go on the first night of the derby since many of the cars couldn't get going on the second night. One to many bangs I guess. All in all a great night!







4 comments:

  1. Hi Em...thanks for stopping by for a visit. I too am fairly new to blogland..I'm loving it. Can't wait for future postings of all your craftiness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your fair tour. I missed ours this years, and it was fun to be able to e-visit yours. Thanks, Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. Love the quilts!! I never get tired of looking at quilts even if my family does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you at least have the log cab quilt photo! I love the borders she used, really set off the quilt nicely. Hard to believe a teenage girl did that!

    Also, I notice that when you comment on my blog, I can't respond because you are set at "no reply." You can change that. Go to your blogger Dashboard, then Settings, then click the tab that says Comments. Near the bottom put your email address in Comment Notification Email and click Save Settings. Then when you leave a comment, people can reply.

    ReplyDelete