Friday, August 1, 2008

Growth spurt


All my children had quilts for their beds until my boys decided to have growth spurts and a twin bed became to small for them. (As of this summer they are all taller than me. Two of them are just shy of 6 feet. I guess that is happens when your husband is 6'5" tall.) Needless to say I have had to make quilts to fit full size beds. This will be Josh's new quilt. He is my 15 year old and is 5'11" tall.

I found all these plaids last summer at a garage sale. I knew I would find a use for them. Neil, my 12 year old calls this quilt the 'barn quilt.' I guess somehow plaid stars remind him of barns. I am getting it ready to quilt. I use my ping pong table since my knee doesn't like me to kneel on it. I had to get some clamps since the quilt is bigger than the table. I am hoping to get it all pinned today so I can start quilting this weekend. Better get to work.

2 comments:

  1. What a comfy looking quilt - just makes you think of a country home. I love it! I like your clamps. I pin my quilts on a cutting table and use the big black gem clips to hold it in place. I will have to take a picture of that when I pin one, which will probably be tomorrow.

    This is my first visit to your blog and I will be back. Thanks for coming by my way, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is going to be a great quilt for a teenage boy. :) I envy you your ping pong table. I would machine quilt more of my quilts instead of sending them out if I had a good place to baste them! Blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete