Thursday, August 28, 2008

Baking Day

My garden is producing so today looks like it might be a zuchinni bread day. What I don't use will be taken around by my daughter to the neighbors along with extra cucumbers and cherry tomatoes.
I also have to make bread today. The six loaves I made Saturday are gone and I still have lunches to make tomarrow. Also I had a new neighbor move in and nothing says welcome like a warm loaf of bread.
I am also making cookies. My kids think they are starving when they come home from school and the cookie jar is empty. The rice crispy treats I made yesterday are all gone. I'm making a double batch of cookies. Hopefully they will last a little longer. Wishfull thinking? Probably.

10 comments:

  1. half a dozen cookies last the same length of time as a dozen in my house somehow... magic maybe. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I want to be your new neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm coming over to your house today! I love the smell of baking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a Prolific Baker you are love the look of all those Loaves of bread ...what a lucky Family.
    cheers
    maree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I bet your house smells just heavenly when all that baking is going on *s*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The smell of bread just out of the oven is the most heavenly smell there is. You sure stay busy in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm yum, fresh bread and cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great mom and neighbor you are. I haven't made bread all summer - too hot. But I need to start again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i was going to say just what nanette said! wish i was your neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have enough blog friends that we could make up the whole neighborhood, but then you wouldn't have time to do anything but bake for us! But hey, I would drive your carpool one day a week for fresh baked bread - now wouldn't that be a good trade? blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete