Friday, January 6, 2017

Personal Progress and Soap

January means a new set of girls will be coming into Young Women's. And even though I no longer work with the 12-18 year old girls (I work with the 8-11 year old girls now) I still get to make the Personal Progress covers for them. Which means I got to make cover for five of my girls. Sad they are leaving me but excited to watch them grow and develop. My DD helped me pick out fabric last night. We chose some fat quarters of Coney Island, by Fig Tree, for Moda that I had in my stash. I braved the snow filled streets yesterday and headed to Joann's for ribbon and interfacing. By lunch, I had five new covers made. I hope the girls will like them. 
I haven't made soap in a while. I like to mix it outside as the lye gives of fumes. With temperatures hovering around 30* I put it off. However my Sun and Sand is now ready. Perfect timing we have been receiving mountains of snow recently, and I'm ready for a little tropical escape. This bar smells just like an ocean breeze. Can't wait to use it in a steamy shower. I also have it available in my shop is you are needing a little escape from the January blahs.  
 Yesterday the temperatures climbed to a balmy 40*. I took advantage of the warmer weather to make this Valentine themed soap. I'm not quite sure what I'm calling it but it smells divine.  It has a blend of cinnamon, patchouli, cedarwood, ylang ylang, and rosemary essential oils.  Any suggestions on a name?
 Linking up with Sarah and Amanda Jean to celebrate these fine finishes.

7 comments:

  1. more soap - you must enjoy making it. What kind of job do you do - I didn't get that part of your blog I don't think I ever read what you job is

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls will love those - a lovely gift.

    The soap looks so pretty with the little hearts in it. I can't come up with names for my quilts so I'd be no good at soap names either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your soap! I got some for Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what sweet soap! Those scents remind me of the incense burned in the 70s so I'd call it Old Hippie or Feeling Groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool! I am a quilter and also make tons of soap!! I just made a batch of goat milk soap. I totally love the homemade soap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to look into your shop - the Sun and Sand soap sounds divine! And how about Peace Love Soap for your heart soap? Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really great you made the covers for the young women - soap sounds smelly good

    ReplyDelete