Friday, December 30, 2016

Diamonds in the Snow

Last night just as the sun was setting I finished my Uncut Diamonds. Sadly the lack of light made picture taking undesirable. I got up this morning to fog. Finally just before noon the sun came out so my Diamonds could shine.
 I was 18" short on my original choice for binding. No worries this is a scrap quilt so a scrappy binding is prefect. I chose two separate dotty black prints. I really like the way the black print frames the quilt and love that there is variety in that frame.
 I did go back and add a swirl of quilting in each of the diamonds. It gave me piece of mind knowing I didn't have larger areas not quilted. Plus I like the way it looks on the back.
This was a very fun quilt to make. I'm so happy I found a good home for all those odd triangles.
 Remember there is a tutorial for this quilt here. Just in case you have a bunch of odd triangles lying around that need a good home.
Linking up with my friends; Sarah, Myra, Amanda Jean and Cynthia to celebrate this sparkling finish.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely diamonds! My small 'liberated' diamond quilt is almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the grey background. Looks great in the snow. Happy 2017! Can't wait to see what you come up with next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so beautiful, Emily - and how lovely to have snow to show it off!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks just beautiful, Em, and I like the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quilt, very modern contrasts beautifully with the large polynesian swirl. Great flash of colors against the gray.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of lovely triangle scraps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great finish! I love the cheerful scrappiness of these diamonds, and your quilting is just right. You can't go wrong with a dotty black and white binding, either. Congratulations on such a cool quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your diamonds quilt looks great! I love gray paired with brights, and your scrappy binding is perfect.

    ReplyDelete