Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial ~Winner and Border Tute

I really like a pieced border. I know they are a lot more work but I think they are worth it.
 I would almost have no border than do a boring border of just plain fabric around the edge.
Sunshine on A Cloudy Day With Borders
 There is a class I like to teach that I call no more boring borders. Every time I have taught it, it has been full.
Divine Drunkards Path Border
 So imagine my delight when I found a tutorial for a border I've been wanting to try but have just never gotten around to.
Picnic in the Park Prairie Point Border
This beautiful wedge border is by Rebecca Mae Designs.
 Here tutorial is great! I can't wait to try it. I've got ideas forming for the center of my quilt but the borders are all figured out, thanks to Rebecca. Her tutorial can be found here.
And now for a winner from last week. The random # generator chose #4.  So Julierose your our lucky winner! Congratulations! Please visit my website and pick the pattern you would like then email me with your choice and I'll get it off to you.

12 comments:

  1. Wow these borders are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wedge border tutorial - THANKS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great border pattern. Thank you for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite border was the one that I did of yours of the Divine Drunkards. I love the look of the fancy borders. That wedge one is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, thanks for sharing, Emily. Love the variety & possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh thank you so much--I really love "Dancing Lanterns a lot...hugs, Julierose (YAY!!;)))) )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - a plain border is not to be desired. Oh, I make them when doing charity quilts - speed is the main order of the day then, but I love to see them on my other quilts or at least quilted beautifully. Love all of your quilts, and thanks for the link to that border tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I go for the No Border most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree - a neighbors husband said he liked my borders and ever since then, I remember his kind words, and try to outdo the border each time I make a new quilt. LOVE name of that class! I'd come if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, borders can add so much! I love the curved corners of that wedge border!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your borders are great - so far I am the plain boring kind but I am inspired with yours

    ReplyDelete