Monday, August 22, 2016

Moving It Forward

Sometimes I forget how much I enjoy hand work. Do the big stitch on my most recent project reminded me. So I pulled out my hexie stars and made a couple of stars and added them in addition to adding a few more hexies. It's getting so big it's getting a little difficult to fit it in a picture. 
It's over 30" in each direction. I'm going to have to decide soon how big I really want it. Also how I want to finish the edges. Any suggestions?
Now it's your turn. What were you able to move forward?

8 comments:

  1. Love your stars!! Here is a link to a post I wrote a couple years ago about finishing the edges of a quilt with hexagonal blocks -- might give you some ideas! http://maryhueyquilts.blogspot.com/2014/07/finally-diamond-star-playtime-sew-along.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh....it would be hard to trim off those stars to square it up. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one who has to click on the Link Up link to see who else is playing along?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a quilt years ago of 6 inch hexies and added half hexies to the top and bottom to even it out but left the sides as is. Love your quilt, by the way.

    ReplyDelete