Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday Tutorial

I love to play with a block and find new and different ways to use it. Majestic Mountains is a block I have played a lot with. I like it because it is pre-cut friendly, a layer cake and some background fabric and you've got endless possibilities. Here are just a few.
For today's tutorial I thought I would share how you make the block and let you experiment to see what you come up with. Take two squares, I'm using 10" aka layer cake size. Draw a diagonal line through it. Sorry it's hard to see in the picture.
 Place it right sides together with another 10" square. Sew 1/4" on either side of the line you drew.
 Cut on diagonal line and press open.
 Cut into equal segments, for the layer cake size I use 2 3/8". The last strip is actually 2 1/2" but it's such a small difference I don't worry about it.
 Reverse the order of your strips and sew together. There you have it a Majestic Mountain block.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing...I love to play with blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool way to make this block. Thanks for sharing it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did a quilt using this pattern and it was so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Versatile block, lots of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a block I like to try. Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Majestic Mountain is definitely on my short list of blocks to make soon. Thanks for sharing such an easy peasy tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, no, no! I can't stop and try something new........but........there are those leftover triangles just sitting on the cutting table, and it would just take a couple of minutes......

    ReplyDelete