Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Quilt Sirens

Do you ever have things you know you really need to get done. But somehow your sewing room calls to you. And although you know you really should be completing the things on your to do list you give in to the quilt sirens song. That was me yesterday. I should have been cleaning and getting ready for company. But after reading Sherri's post yesterday about using your stash for Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson's Splendid Sampler quilt along. Something I'd been toying with doing since it started just over a week ago, but hadn't gotten around to. And I still have an empty project box from when I cleaned my sewing room that still needed filling. So throwing reason to the wind I sat at my machine, pulling out scrap bins, cutting up pieces and let the siren song take me away. 
These two blocks are the result. Somehow after completing them I was able to pull myself away and pull off a decent dinner party.
Even though there was still a block to complete.
Now that's some will power.

8 comments:

  1. ROTFL! Yes, yes, that "Siren Song" often calls me away from active duty of the needful. So glad that the company didn't starve to death after all and you made such pretty blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That siren song has been calling me all year. I've done a lot of quilting and not a lot of cleaning. Your blocks are beautiful and I can see how they could draw you away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sew a long keeps calling me too. Why is it that scrap quilts trash our sewing rooms so much worse than just cutting lovely new yardage. My room is a tornado as I really love scrap quilts. I think I will ha e to start this one too but the 365 Challenge looks pretty awesome too. I don't really need to start any more projects....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha.....I hear you! The blocks are going to be great with your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seemed to be sucked into this project too. Hope to share my blocks today. I really like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. But it's so much more fun to work in the sewing room than tend to those other things

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had that empty project box...it will be so fun to see your blocks!

    ReplyDelete