Monday, February 29, 2016

Moving It Forward

Do you ever feel like your life is moving so fast. That you want to slow down, maybe even let it stop for awhile? The couple of weeks have felt that way to me. We had a whirlwind wedding and I now have a beautiful daughter in law. We went from discovering my sister in law has cancer but it seems non aggressive to finding out is is throughout her organs and very aggressive. Man I can't say it enough CANCER SUCKS! My oldest will be graduating in May and looks like he will be moving to Seattle area with a new job. How do they grow up so fast? Life is definitely moving forward. 
With all these life events good and bad I didn't get a lot of sewing done. I did manage this stack of cute as a button blocks.
Now it's your turn what were you able to move forward? Looking forward to seeing all your progress. Remember to link back and to visit others and help them celebrate their progress.


7 comments:

  1. Hopefully March will be a slower month for you and you find more time to sew. I certainly find it very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a lot of stressful happenings lately - both good and bad. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing how you use those cute button blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to hear about the shift in cancer severity. Hoping for meaningful interactions for you. Meanwhile, I love the button block--hadn't heard that name before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy for the wedding and your son's graduation, but saddened by the cancer news. Hopefully you can slow down a bit now and get back to quilting which provides strength in such times. Those button blocks are a good start and oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry to hear about the cancer. I had breast cancer 11 years ago and didn't ask any questions about my prognosis. I had a daughter that was getting married. She did all the work and I did the recovery (except hair). I'm glad that you found time to sew. God bless you. Is there a pattern for the button block? It is adorable. I need a red/white quilt completely finished by early June and I cannot get inspired. I thought that would be adorable with different red/whites with it. Blessings to you. I've had lots of trials myself and am trying to be positive as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Take time to sew - it will relieve the stress! Just found your linky and added it to my sidebar.
    Susan @ quiltfabrication

    ReplyDelete