Friday, January 15, 2016

Dazzled

 So happy I can finally share Dazzled with you.  You may remember the tutorial I did using Fons and Porter's curved seam templates. Well this is what became of those pieces.  A fun play on drunkard's path.
I love how For You by Zen Chic for Moda made this quilt come to life.  She is a favorite fabric designer of mine.  Her vibrant colors and bold patterns make my heart sing. I had fun piecing a back from the scraps.
Thrilled to share that it made it into Fons and Porter's Love of Quilting on new stands now.
 I had fun sharing it with my friend, Carolyn, who works at JoAnn's yesterday. She is currently making Twisted Posy. She said she is almost done.  I can't wait to see it.
Whoopin' it up with Sarah and Amanda Jean for this finally able to celebrate finish.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations Em! Such a beautiful quilt. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love it. Who knew that was a Drunkard's Path? And, yes, those fabrics make my heart sing too. I guess that's kind of why I like 30s repro fabrics so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this quilt. I saw this in the magazine, but the templates confuse me. There are two of the quarter circle pieces, but the not the corresponding piece to make it a square. What am I missing here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops. Should have read the tutorial first. Now I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a beautiful quilt! Congratulations on being published!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! what a gorgeous beauty of a quilt. I wish there were more pictures and close-ups. I cannot have enough of this pattern :-) Congratulations on a beautiful finish!
    http://sewpreetiquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll look forward to getting my magazine in the mail. It looks wonderful. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, it's just gorgeous!!! And now I have to go to the store and get that magazine..... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, love your design, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning quilt, congratulations to this wonderful finish and the success with the quilt. Great to be in the magazine.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought that magazine just because of your quilt! It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete