Friday, December 4, 2015

Winter Wonderland

A few years back I really got into raw edge applique.  I had had so much fun creating this pattern that I couldn't stop. I made these little people in all kinds of activities through the year.  I made wall hangings and I started this table runner.  Then I ran out of steam.  It sat as a UFO in my sewing room waiting patiently for me to do something with it.  

 At a recent retreat with friends, my friend, Sue was making a bunch of table runners and that got me thinking about this one.  It was almost finished so most of the work was done.
  I didn't have a winter table runner and this one would last through the season.  So I pulled it out, sandwiched it and had fun quilting swirls and snowflakes into it.
 Then I found a nice blue on blue in my stash for the binding.
Anna had the boys haul in the Christmas decorations Sunday so we could decorate.  I pulled out my Christmas quilts yesterday and added my new table runner to the decor.
Let the festivities begin.
Linking up with Sarah and Amanda Jean to celebrate.

Specials from our Sponsors:

Take 20% Off Tools at Keepsake Quilting with Offer Code KQTOOLS
Handmade Ornaments at Keepsake NeedleArts
Take 40% Off Quilting Books at Shop Fons &; Porter with Offer Code BOOKS40
Premium Gifts at Stitch Craft Create

10 comments:

  1. I love the fmqing. and the original design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! love those little people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so darn cute! and that quilt on the wall in the background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's lovely and so good to be finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your little people are so cute! What a great runner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful work, this lookd great.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete