Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Winter Trees

I recently received this lovely fat eighth bundle of Black Tie Affair by Basic Grey for Moda. 
Inspired by Amanda Jean's Bright Birch Trees and the trees in my yard I cut squares from the black fabrics.  Next I randomly cut tree shapes into them.
Using the light grays and creams I cut 1"- 2" strips and inserted them in my cuts
to create branches 
and trunks.
Before I knew it I had a whole forest.
Now to figure out a setting.

Save up to 80% during the Warehouse Sale at Shop Fons & PorterTake 20% Off Clearance at Keepsake Quilting with Offer Code KQJAN20

10 comments:

  1. Your trees remind me of the pecan tree next door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a not so big fan of winter, I would never have imagined this. Now I can't wait to see where this goes. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to try something like this. Thank you for sharing your process.

    I can't wait to see your finish. Great fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh love them--I just was out on my deck taking a shot of the black tree silouettes against our grey skies for my android wallpaper....I will always remember this as being a totally gray December--I hope your Season is Merry hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  5. timely post! i was admiring some lovely white birches just yesterday....so crisp and clean in a gray stick world...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your trees. It will be a beautiful quilt. Have a very Merry Christmas. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I look forward to seeing what you do with these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are cute toes near the trees! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete