Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Spinning Faster

Yesterday I sat down to this pretty mess and got busy sewing strips to kites on foundation pieces.
 I chain piece two blocks at a time and soon I had a new row to sew on.  Isn't the back fun with the colors peeking through?
 I was on a roll.  Spinning out blocks like a mad woman.  I ran out of foundation and had to cut more.  Then I ran out of kites.  Lucky me I still have more background.  Glad I got as much as I did from the last time I ran out. Only kids coming home and dinner having to be made stop my whirlwind.

Specials from our Sponsors:

Save 40% on Quilt Patterns at Shop Fons & Porter with Offer Code PATTERN40
Save 20% at Shop Fons & Porter with Offer Code FPFF20
Save up to 50% on Fabric at Stitch Craft Create Shop for Gifts at Keepsake Quilting
Shop the Year End Clearance Sale at Keepsake Quilting
Shop Stocking Stuffers at Keepsake NeedleArts
Shop Gifts Under $50 at Keepsake NeedleArts

7 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! And one of these days, I want to make one. Do you use muslin for the foundation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt looks wonderful! Great use of all the stings and color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! for motivation and progress!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I like this version with the web pieces all the same around. I started one like that many, many years ago but didn't use a foundation and soon things were out of shape so it remains a UFO. The kite fabric you use coordinates so well. Wish I could sit down and sew like the wind. There's not much wind left when I get home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors too, wonderful, this is a great project.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see some fun fabrics in your spider web blocks.

    ReplyDelete