Friday, October 23, 2015

Stepping Up

My parents are expert garage salers.  My brother and sisters and I know if we are looking for something we can enlist our parents in our treasure hunt.  They almost always find what we are looking for.  I had told my parents I was looking for a wooden ladder to use to display quilts.  Lucky me they found one.  It was old and needed a little TLC and it took a while to make it to the top of my to do list.  I'm embarrassed to say that it was more than a year before I got around to it.  But with the redo of the living room I was feeling motivated. I removed all the stickers that were on it.  I sanded it down and removed all the paint drops on it.
 Then I spray painted it.  I started with a lighter aqua.  I was lovin' it.  But then Hubby said, "Could you pick a more girly color?" (Yes, I could, I could have picked pink) Anna thought I was adding too many different colors of blue in my living room.  She and I but heads on this a lot. Mostly because I feel you can never have enough color.  But to keep the family happy I changed to seaside blue.
I set it up in the living room with some bright happy quilts.  Anna's friends thought it was darling so I have not had complaints that I added even more color.  I'm loving the splash of life it adds.  I'm linking up with Sarah for a little Whoop Whoop on this long over due finish.

From our sponsors:

Save 20% at Stitch Craft Create with Offer Code SCC9TILXMAS
  Free Shipping on Orders Over $25 at Shop Fons & Porter with Offer Code FRSHIP25
Save 20% Off Clearance at Keepsake Quilting with Offer Code KQWOW

12 comments:

  1. great idea! and I love the color you painted it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color! There can never be too much of it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and practical decoration. Just wonderful.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, a great find and repurpose! a great focal point in the room....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to have a quilt ladder, but don't really have a place to put it. I also get lots of things from garage sales. You would be shocked if I took you around my home and pointed out all the garage sale items I have. I'd probably get along just fine with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! A great garage sale find. Love the colour you painted it. You can never have too much colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it looks great and is such a terrific way to display the quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous, Emily! Whoop whoop for you! And I'm with you on color - the more, the merrier!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt ladder is great. What wonderful parents you have to help you find your treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your ladder! It was worth the one year wait.

    ReplyDelete