Monday, August 10, 2015

I ran into a wonderful group of ladies a few months back while I was out having lunch with my grandma.  I have known these great ladies for a very long time.  They were in my guild when I first started quilting.  They took me under their wing back then and taught me and helped me along my quilting journey.  I remember when my Anna was born.  I picked up the mail just before we left and there was a little squishy package from one of these ladies, full of the cutest bibs.  I can't tell you how much that meant to me.  Apparently they have a secret little group that meets for lunch once a month.  I got invited to join.  Last week I meet with them.  Look at the lovely flowers that graced our table.  Betty grew these in her garden.  That dahlia is 8" across.  This picture does not do them justice.
In addition to lunch we did a little hand sewing.  These very cute Lori Holt blocks are made by my friend Sue.  She does every thing mini.  According to her, she doesn't need a big quilt but lots of minis.  In Lori's book the blocks are 12".  Sue has made her's 4". I admire Sue's work but don't think I could ever do it.

I worked on my hexi stars.  Hoping to show you my progress soon. Did you find time to sew this weekend?  What did you work on?

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a special time for you. The flowers are beautiful. My grandmother always raised the most gorgeous and HUGE dahlias.

    The minis are so much fun to use in decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby was in the hospital last week and part of the weekend so I did not take any sewing time. But today I am working on the directions for a quilt for a class I am teaching this Saturday.

    ReplyDelete