Wednesday, July 29, 2015

I Got Lucky

Last fall I taught a spiderweb class at a private retreat for some friends.  They really loved my Stellar Stars Caught in a Web.  I wanted to show them other ways this fun quilt could be put together so I started this bright and cherry quilt. 
 I put it away shortly after the class because I was running out of background fabric, Trade Winds by Lily Ashbury for Moda.  It did not help that I made that  center left block backwards.  I'm sure you've never done that before.  Grrrr!
 I found it again while cleaning.  I really wanted to make it bigger and thought maybe I could maybe find a similar background as I knew it would near impossible to find the Trade Winds fabric as it is several years old.  On a whim I thought I'd do a Google search and see if I could find any.  At first I only found other pieces in the line.  But lucky me after several stops around the web I found a yard of it.  A few days latter it arrived at my home.
I cut me some more kites and got busy make more webs. This time being extra careful not to make any backwards.
Smiling as I chained them through, cause these bright cheery colors sure make me happy, and I feel so lucky to have found more background.

From Keepsake Quilting

12 comments:

  1. This is lovely. I do like your background fabric. I would never have thought of using such a "busy" design but it totally works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - glad you were able to keep making it bigger!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background print is amazing! I would have never thought to use such a "wild" print.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you found it. I love the bright and happy look of the webs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so charming! I'm making a completely scrappy version (also with a print background), and this concentric-circles version is on my bucket list. Biggest challenge will be not starting the new one until the first one is done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They really are happy--dancing their very own dance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful quilt, it made me smile! (as I to have one just like this 1/2 finished & put away, somewhere!) Glad you were able to find more background print.... keep spinning more of those webs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful quilt with so many happy colors. So great you found more of the backround fabric.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you love when that happens! It's a beautiful quilt. I love the kaleidoscope effect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you found some. What a great looking quilt.

    ReplyDelete