Monday, July 20, 2015

Hidden Treasures

I found these cuties while cleaning my sewing room this weekend.  Don't you just love it when you find hidden treasures?  I had totally forgot I had made them.  They seem too cute to just become orphans, but I'm not sure how I want to use them yet.
They would make a cute baby quilt.  I've also been wanting to do a sample quilt, something similar to Gypsy Wife or My Small World.  I might have to start sketching something out.  I am leaning more that way.

What hidden treasures have you found recently?  Did you remember them when you found them?Save 30% on Digital Patterns at Shop Fons & Porter with Offer Code JULY30

6 comments:

  1. These are really pretty blocks.. love the colors - remind me of sherbet, summer, tropical colors. I found a large appliqued block to a quilt I decided not to make. I turned it into a wallhanging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found a quilt kit I purchased a couple of years ago... if it wouldn't have been for a label I would not have remembered where it got it! I put it together and at least remembered WHY I bought it. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would find lots of hidden treasures in my sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so cute and will be wonderful in anything you put them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! Remnants of a St Louis 16 patch? I have a few of those. Today I found two small baby quilts I need to bind. They were cast-offs from a friend. I love the colors of your blocks. Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Treasures, indeed. I thought I would be able to bypass the current tumbler craze. But lo and behold I found an unused set of templates (tumbler, applecore, 60-degree triangle, hexagon, by Pepper Cory for EZ/Wright's) -- the set was $5 on clearance about 10 years ago. Guess what I've been cutting this week? Tumblers!

    ReplyDelete