Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Putting the Pieces Togethers

Life throws you curves.  Often it does not go as planned.  What do you do when this happens?  I turn to friends and little bits of fabric.  
So yesterday I headed to the senior center to baste a couple of quilts.  Then after lunch I put the little nine patches from the previous post together with a few snowball blocks.  Once that was complete I finished up the last mini Dresden.  Sewed all the scrappy background pieces together and added the mini Dresdens.  

Today, although I don't quite know how I'll deal with this new challenge.  I know I can get through it with help from my friends and little bits of fabric.

Save 50% on eBooks at Shop Fons & Porter with Offer Code EB50
Buy One Get One Free on All Downloadable Patterns at Stitch Craft Create
Free UK Delivery for Orders Over £10 at the Hobby Warehouse
Save $15 When You Purchase All Four Birches Cross Stitch Patterns at Keepsake NeedleArts

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, love the Dresden Plates, great achievement in short time.
    Best wishes and strength to get through,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find that fabric and time with my sewing machine can be quite therapeutic...sending positive thoughts and hugs your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I need, a prescription for sewing therapy. I adore the mini dresdens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics are looking very cheerful which is always good therapy. I often turn to my fabric to help smooth out the rough patches myself.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric is the best therapy! But I will keep you in my prayers, too!

    Love your scrappy Dresden quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you the best, Em. I tend to turn to stitching during the stressful times too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quilting really does help when life throws unexpected things your way. There's something quite peaceful about sewing fabric together and then seeing the pattern emerge. I love the bright, cheery colors of your quilts!

    ReplyDelete