Monday, March 16, 2015

A Little Dresden Progress

The last project I was able to work on at my retreat was my Dresden project.  I finished all my larger Dresdens.  Because it is hard for me to assemble a quilt without my design wall and I wanted to try a few different sashing ideas I waited until I was home to work on it some more.
I played with a green and blue combination for the sashing but soon decided it wasn't working.  So I continued with the scrappy blue theme.  I think I will continue it in a small border with more of the mini Dresdens.  I've got them cut out.  Just need to sew them up.  But first I need to finish quilting another project.  If I'm lucky I'll find time to do both.  But it's spring and the yard is calling so I'll have to be really lucky.
What fun things are you working on this fine Monday?

10 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beauty. Love all that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those scrappy blue backgrounds for the dresdans a lot...very pretty quilt hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful combination of fabrics. Like big sunflowers against a lovely blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks sort of like sun and blue skies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just awesome.Love your fabric combo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these sunny Dresdens, and the scrappy blue background too. It's going to be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pop of green in the center of the Dresdens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that blue background with the Dresdens, Em.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your dresden plates. This looks so beautiful scrappy, wonderful color choices.
    Greetings,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy dresden "sun" flowers against the blue sky. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete