Monday, January 5, 2015

Doing A Scrap Happy Dance

Just before Christmas I received an email from one of Santa's elves.  It said that Santa thought I might like to know that my newest quilt for Fons and Porter magazine would be on the cover.  It was so hard to keep my excitement under wraps.  But the magazine arrived today so now I can share.  This is Twisted Poesy.  It came about when I was experimenting with the Majestic Mountain blocks.  I'm always in such a hurry to get quilts done that I often forget to take a picture before I send them off.  So the cover is all I have to show at this time.
In addition to this fun news I need to share what my talented dad made for me for Christmas.  When I was cleaning my sewing room I had no good way of storing my rulers.  I mentioned this to my dad and look what he made me.  

Isn't it wonderful.  It holds all of my rulers.  They are easy to find now.  Saves me a ton of time.  I'm no longer hunting they are all in easy view.  Thanks Dad!

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being a cover girl! Talented and observant dad! A few years ago while at a quilt shop in Amarillo a local man was selling these in the shop. One came home in my suitcase. Best thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats! I'm the same way with hurrying to the finish and forgetting to get a photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I'm happy dancing with you!!! That's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Cover girl! It is a great quilt and deserves the spot of honor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Miss Em!!! I like the rack that your Dad made for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Em! It's a great quilt. I am going out to buy this edition of Fons and Porter. Love the ruler holder your Dad made. Very useful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Congratulations! I love your quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it great to be published! And I like the peek at the quilt on the cover. Claire aka Knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big congrats! Fons & Porter magazine is one of my favorites.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I can't even imagine such an honor! And what a sweet gift - something you'll treasure forever! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete