Friday, October 31, 2014

A Finish and Fun Finds

First off Happy Halloween.  Hope you have a safe, spooky celebration.  
Last weekend while the power was out I finished the binding on my Blue Bird of Happiness quilt.  I love how the red binding looks on it.  I didn't quite have enough of the plaid I was using so I added a little couple of strips of a cute red floral.  I wish I had offset them a little more but other than that I just love this quilt.  I'm linking up with Sarah to celebrate.
 DD and I have recently discovered Flea Market Flip.  This has inspired us to hit the local thrift stores.  This last weekend we found these treasures.  A wonderful painting.  I just love all the color.
 And this bamboo bowl and teal pot that I put a plant a friend had given me.  The plant get tiny orange flowers on it.  You can see a few in the lower left hand corner.  I think the orange blooms with the teal will be fabulous.
Can't wait to see what we find this weekend.

Save 15% on Stitching Tools and Notions at Keepsake NeedleArts with Offer Code NA1492

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE that happy quilt, Emily!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bluebird wall hanging is so creative, Emily! The scrappy background with the more intense colors for the flowers works so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Bluebird quilt. Really nice with the scrappy low volume background. Good find on the painting, have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bluebird quilt makes me smile. Love what you found - it's fun to go to flea markets. I invite you to share your eye candy on Hexie Weekend so others can see that happy quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen a Jade Plant bloom before. How old is that plant? Is it in that pot for a long time? Did you water it lots or leave it dry for a long time? I'm wondering how to get mine to bloom.
    Happy Halloween!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful little quilt, Em! I just love it! And congrats on all the fun thrift shop finds - I wish I had time to do that! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bird centres of the flowers say it.

    ReplyDelete