Monday, August 11, 2014

To The Nines

I'm still working on quilting Mary's Garden.  I've made a note to myself that when quilting a larger quilt I must have other little things to work on.  If anything is bigger than a throw I feel like I'm running a marathon and I've hit a wall.  So after quilting 14 bobbins worth of thread I took a break and went back to my scrappy play.  I added some grey blocks to go with my scrappy nine patches.  Did a little big stitch quilting and created this little pillow.
Now that I've had a little break I'm ready to go back to Mary's Garden.

9 comments:

  1. Oh how my shoulders would be aching after going through 14 bobbins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pillow looks lovely with the gray alternate blocks. I never think of using gray, but I now want to get a few yards for a patchwork quilt I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little pillow. I think making small project are what we need sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everything you make Em! What a cute pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 14 bobbins! That's a lot. Have you ever figured out how many miles of thread go into the quilting of a quilt? It blows my mind. Love your little pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The grey background on this pillow is a stroke of genius that I would never have thought to use! It looks so sweet!

    ReplyDelete