Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Boot Scoot Boogie

Recently the clothes line I use to hand all my UFO's on came crashing down.  The nail pulled right out of the wall.  A not so subtle hint that I need to finish a few things.  One of them a western quilt using Julie's line Honky Tonk.  I thought  cowboy boots might be a fun way to quilt it.  So I found a coloring page with a cowboy boot on it and used this method to quilt my quilt.
I think it turned out rather well.

I've trimmed the quilt for the binding and hope to show you this finish soon.

10 comments:

  1. A boot pattern is a very nice idea for a Cowboy type quilt. Don't you love living in the West!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea and it turned out so nicely. I guess a clothes line fall would be a good thing to happen to many of us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Em!! It turned out fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome idea. I put a boot, very much like that on a quilt I made for my sister. She loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love this idea! Thanks for sharing. Grand #2 will be arriving in a few months and regardless of whether its a he or she, there will be boots! (Just waiting to see if they are pink boots or blue boots!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very clever idea to use a coloring book for the pattern; it looks great! Now I have "Boot Scoot Boogie" stuck in my head, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's really cute!!! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A boot for the quilting. Good idea and well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see this - I love the idea! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete