Monday, January 27, 2014

Quilting A Gaggle Of Geese

As you know I've been introduced to Triangles on A Roll.  I've always like flying geese and had methods for making them that I used in my Wild Goose Chase tutorials.  But the rolls are so slick and the points so nice that I've been making a gaggle of geese.  And with all these geese I've had the opportunity to practice more free motion quilting.  I found this design on pintrest and thought I'd give it a go.
In between my rows of geese I've been practicing feathers.

Practice, practice practice.  I'm slow but I think I'm getting better.


10 comments:

  1. I need something to get me motivated to do flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great way to quilt geese. They always baffle me. The feathers look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your happy fabrics and fun quilting design. Good thing is there are lots of ways to make blocks to satisfy just about everyone. I am not a fan of Triangles on a Roll. To me it's like paper piecing with the paper removing. One more step I don't want to have to do. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your geese and quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for quilting the geese! I think your quilting looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Geese are looking Great! We had a lot of interest as I demo-ed Flying Geese and Braid at Road.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both your geese and your feathers look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilting is looking great and I'm loving the variety of low volume prints you have going on ... can't wait to see more of the quilt as a whole :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilting - I'm still afraid to do it on my machine, but I will get there one day.

    ReplyDelete