Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Little Help Please

I have been looking for a back for this quilt that my Alex calls the Porsche of quilts and my Josh calls the Mitsubishi quilt. 
I thought this fabric I found on clearance at Fabric.com would be fun.  The dancer combined with the car theme would work and I would then call the quilt "A Night On The Town."  In the picture on Fabric.com it looked white, grey and black.  But when I received it what I thought was white is pink.  Not really a great combo for my masculine quilt.  So my question is should I use it or save it for another project?

My next question is what is your favorite crock pot recipe.  I have a busy couple of days.  Today I will be getting ready for Young Women in Excellence.  An event that we have every year for the young women at church to display what they have been working on in their Personal Progress (a program to help the young women set and achieve goals.)  We will be having dinner so that takes care of DD, hubby, and me.  The boys get to fend for themselves.  I do have leftover lasagna and chimis in the fridge so I know they won't starve.  But tomorrow night I am doing a trunk show (to see where I'll be or to schedule me for a trunk show or class go here) and will need to leave before dinner.  So I'm looking for something to feed the family while I'm away.  If you have a favorite crock pot recipe could you please share.  Me and my family will thank you profusely.

9 comments:

  1. that's great fabric, I would use it and let the guys man up and say ":it's just a wee bit of pink, I can handle that".

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pork shoulder roast and a bottle of BBQ sauce. Cook all day in slow cooker, pull roast apart with two forks - voila, pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I think I'd go for it!!!!
    My all time favorite crock pot recipe...without a doubt...is this Chicken Taco Chili...I'm including the addy...so much easier than listing all ingred/directions here...don't let the source name fool you...nothing 'skinny' about the taste!!! (I add extra beans...usually black...but whatever you like will work).
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite crock pot recipe is a new one, and so easy! Take a chuck roast and put it in the bottom of the pot. Sprinkle a packet of ranch dressing mix and a packet of au jus mix on top. Put a stick of butter on top of that. Lay several fresh pepperoncini peppers (or banana peppers if you can't find pepperoncini) on top of the meat. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. It is awesome - great gravy, moist and flavorful meat. I'll never cook pot roast any other way again!! And for a great side, melt half a stick of butter and pour onto a cookie sheet. Cover the butter with a heavy layer of parmesan cheese and any other spices you like on potatoes - salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, etc. Cut raw potatoes in half and lay face down on the cheese mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 45 minutes, then let cool for five minutes before removing from pan. It makes a wonderful parmesan crust on the baked potatoes - yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would save the fabric for a different project. Just can't see adding pink to such a nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you want the quilt to stay with the masculine look then pink won't do.:) One of my fave crock pot measls is this: 2-3 #'s frozen chicken breast, a bottle of Herdz green chili sauce over the top, sprinkle with a tsp. or so of chicken boullion and lots of Johnny's seasoning. Cook for hours, use forks to separate and serve with black beans, cheese, sourcream etc. on tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't use it.. not masculine enough.
    Easy crockpot recipe: put stew meat in crock pot, cover with can of cream-of-mushroom soup, and one envelope of dry onion soup mix. Add a little water if you want, but not much. (If a large amount of meat, use two cans of soup.) Cook for hours and serve over noodles or rice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One half of me says overdye the fabric with red and use it, the other half says "those dancers are standing on point like ballet dancers" so don't use it for a guy. If there is enough fabric left over from the top, then join them together and use that for the back ... you could end up with a reversable modern quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Choose a different back. So many choices out there that would be better. I'm loving men's shirts at thrift stores and I saw a couple black and white ones that would go great with your quilt...I didn't buy them, so you could. ;) My crockpot is used as a bread box, so no recipe there for you.

    ReplyDelete