This quilted journal was suppose to be
a heart shaped pot holder. Problem was the graph paper that I thought was 4 squares to and inch turned out to be 4 squares to 3/4". So as I cut out and sewed together what I thought should have been 1" squares my project grew to be too big for my hot pad template. And although I could have still cut it out the design would not have fit the way I had intended.
DD came home from school about this time. When I told her what I had done she said, "Be a problem solver" Something I tell her all the time. So I took the wise advice she had received from her very wise mother (hee, hee) and turned my problem into a solution.
I now have a fun quilted journal cover to keep or give as a gift.
Linking up with Sarah to celebrate this problem solved finish.