Friday, August 2, 2013

Play Creates Progress

In between painting, rearranging, and redecorating I've been playing in my scraps.  Adding to my DWR challenge.  It's almost as big as I was planning.  But something Victoria said yesterday stuck with me.  She said she makes her quilts big so she can sleep under them.  I got to thinking I would like a new quilt for my bed.  And I'm really loving how this is progressing.
So I'm making more fabric.

Putting a serious dent in my crumb bin.  
If they hold out I may just get me a new quilt for my bed.

11 comments:

  1. Oooo pretty. I took a DWR class about 18 years ago. Made a small wall hanging and have always wanted to make a quilt. It's on my "one day" list. I still have my template and instructions. The teach was amazing and really showed us a great way to assemble the blocks. No set in seams as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Wow, a bed quilt would be amazng in these colours! Would love to see it!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    Ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely! I sleep under a scrappy spiderweb quilt, and it's fun to look at all the lovely bits of fabric I included.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the gray background makes the rings pop! I'm betting you have enough scraps. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous, Em. I love the scrappy DWR idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a lot of crumbs to sew together to get a bed size quilt. It is looking very good. What a delight to sleep under something so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! I'm impressed. Can't wait to see it all together. Love the scrappiness too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how this is shaping up! I am always wanting to upsize my quilts too so that I can use them on a bed somewhere. It feels good to see people enjoying my handiwork.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW it looks great ... keep going! I love the grey!!
    Linda from kokaquilts@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't worry - your crumbs will hold out. Haven't you realised yet that they breed?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your DWR quilt -especially with the gray.

    ReplyDelete