Monday, August 12, 2013

Cutting it up

I ran out of background for my DWR and have been wanting to start a few new projects to use up some scraps.  So while I wait for my background fabric to arrive I'm diving into my scraps.  My lights and blacks bins were overflowing.  I had seen a cute little log cabin block on pintrest that I thought would make a cute quilt using this color way.  So I started cutting 2 1/2" strips from my bins.  Then cut a few 2 1/2" red squares for the centers.
I had been cutting as I go pieces for my funfetti quilt.  Since I had the light bin out I decided to get it all cut out.  After the lights were cut I went through all the color bins and added 1 1/2" strips for the chain pieces.
 I had several scraps of varying shades of grey and decided they would make a great, simple masculine quilt.  So I cut them into 3 1/2".  I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes together.

With all this cutting done I'm ready to sew, sew, sew.


2 comments:

  1. That is a lot of cutting. One of the things you have to do before you get to start the fun part.

    ReplyDelete