Friday, July 19, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

When my Alex was a baby I would sing to him 'You Are My Sunshine.'  After all how could your first son not be a ray of sunshine in your life?  So naturally, when this design came to me while playing with Julie's new line, Baby Jane, by Moda, I knew I had to name it Sunshine.
I had fun playing with the quilting.  It is getting to be less of a chore.  Though I must admit I still have a lot of room for improvement.  I quilting suns around the boarder.

And added radiating rays out from each sunshine.

The pattern is available on my website.

9 comments:

  1. Your comment brings back a memory for me. My dad used to sing "That Little Girl of Mine". The block design does look like the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this pattern! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! You did a great job on the suns :-) Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pattern and fabric! I used to sing that song to my daughter too when she was a baby. I have fond memories of being in her dimly lit room, rocking in the chair, singing this song so she settled after a nighttime feed. That and Away in a Manger. They worked :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Em I love this quilt - and the memory. I bet there's not many mothers out there who didn't sing that song to their children! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt is beautiful. I love how you named it after your memory. It made me think about what I used to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the perfect quilt for a child. I think we all call our children our sunshine’s so this theme works. Thank you for making the pattern available.


    Please Visit my website : Split-Site PhD

    ReplyDelete