Friday, June 28, 2013

Garden Party Finish

This little quilt has been sitting on the clothes line for quite some time.  I ran out of sashing material.  The blocks sat in a plastic Ziploc while I looked for more sashing.  I never found an exact match so I got a close second.  Instead of putting it together then I put the binding in the bag and let them hangout together.  
In March I pulled them out and got busy it didn't take long to finish the top.  Then back on the clothes line, just not for as long.  Last week I sandwiched and quilted it.  I echoed the flowers and repeated the look in the sashing blocks.  Bound it with a thin binding, case I was about to run out of fabric again.  Don't know how long it would have remained a UFO if I hadn't opted for the skinny binding.  Fortunately I squeezed in just enough strips and it is finally a finish.
I'm linking up with Sarah to give it a well deserved Whoop Whoop. 
Also a big Whoop Whoop to Lynn.  Lynn helped me test my Mountain Retreat pattern.  She did a wonderful job.  Check out her yummy rendition, (she used gummy bear fabric) here.  

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful quilt! Those flowers are gorgeous. I love your background fabric here and I like the skinny binding, it's a nice contrast to the wider sashing. Really love the quilting in the triangle blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out fantastic! I love Dresden Plates and you have used them in an interesting way. The quilting is great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dresden plate quilt is darling. And it is finished! Whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart dresdens. What a lovely finish. I loved Lynn's version of your quilt. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I love this quilt , love the brown background and the sashing, wonderful! such a happy quilt
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt is gorgeous! So glad it is no longer a UFO. Congrats on your new pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great quilt, Em! I love the colors!! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete